Your Justice Innovation will change the world!
The Innovating Justice Challenge organized by HiiL Justice Accelerator will close on May 31st! Be quick to apply and succeed in improving the lives of millions of people through your innovation in the legal field.
Each year, hundreds of justice innovators from around the globe apply to the Innovating Justice Challenge to find support for their justice innovation. Find out more below on how our process works.
Opening of the call: 1 March 2018 | Closing of the call: 31 May 2018 at 23h59 CET
Apply at www.innovatingjustice.com/apply.
Offer HiiL Justice Accelerator
Apply by 31 May 2018 to receive seed funding, training and acceleration support, access to an international expert network and potential further investment opportunities.
What is considered a justice innovation? This page might help.
What do we look for?
- (New) Ventures with a strong potential of delivering concrete justice solutions for many people, including micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
- Innovative justice initiatives that are already making a difference and have the potential and ambition to scale internationally or to many more users.
- Unique initiatives that are solving the most pressing justice problems for people, based on evidence and data, in particular family, land, crime or employment issues.
- Ventures that are financially sustainable and have measurable impact.
- Innovative initiatives within existing justice systems or public institutions, spearheaded by driven intrapreneurs that want to see things work differently.
Criteria: who can apply?
- The founder and applicant should be 18 years of age or older.
- The venture must be committed to providing access to justice underpinned by evidence showing justice needs.
- The person(s) with whom we engage should be the founder or a co-founder of the organization and should be able to make key, high-level, and direction-shifting decisions (such as whether or not to take investments and who to partner with) on behalf of the entire organization.
- We can only accept innovations to be incorporated with a bank account in the name of the legal entity by the time they receive our grant funding.
How we select winning justice innovations?
- Scope (is it a justice innovation? is it solving pressing justice problem)
- Applications are due by the end of the day on May 31, 2018 (the form will close at 23:59 Amsterdam time)
- Several selection rounds, including local mentor and expert feedback, take place in June and July.
- Between 40-50 startups, selected as semi-finalists, will be invited to pitch at local Boostcamps. This year’s Boostcamps will take place in Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, Kyiv, and The Hague. In some cases, startups may pitch by Skype or be brought to the nearest Boostcamp. Additionally, these semi-finalists will be guided through a “market validation” process.
- Between 15-20 startups will be selected for Acceleration.